Hello, I am Mirjam 👩💻
Working at the Open Source Program Office at Aiven, I'm happy to contribute to open source every day in my job 🥰.
What I enjoy most in coding is delivering sustainability: Writing tests and seeing them pass; planning, organizing and improving the software architecture of my project; cleaning up, refactoring, testing and eventually deleting code.
I write reliable, maintainable, well-tested and readable code and semantic, accessible HTML.
Some of my projects
In my free time I like to work on some side projects, often related to programming and the developer community in general. Here are a few of them:
- 🐶 Conference Buddy
Conference Buddy aims to make tech conferences accessible for people who want to attend, but who are not comfortable going alone.
- 📻 Co-Host and guest at podcasts
Co-host at expect-exceptions • Views on Vue • Working Draft • Kein Problem, Kein Produkt • Programmier.bar
- (Co-) Organizing meetups
Techettes Frankfurt • Vue.js Frankfurt • React.js Girls Frankfurt
- 👯♂️ Programm commitee for conferences
EnterJS 2021, 2022 • vuejs.de Conf
- 👩🏫 Guest lectures at the University of Applied Sciences in Darmstadt
From 2018-2020 I gave guest lectures at the University of Applied Sciences in Darmstadt on the Faculty of Media, teaching students about the basics of web development - HTML and CSS - and give an introduction to software testing.
- 💻 Free webinar: Testing your Gatsby Serverless Functions with Queen Raae
Free Webinar on how to get started TDDing your Gatsby Functions.
- 📽 Video stream series with Queen Raae: Start Conference Buddy 2.0
Benedicte invited me to her weekly streaming format "Unauthorized and rum-fueled treasure hunts in the sharky waters around the Gatsby islands" and helped me get Conference Buddy 2.0 off the ground 🎉
I've given talks and keynotes on various conferences since 2018 and been invited to community eventes and meetups to speak. I'm open to speak at more events, so, feel free to contact me about that.
My conference talks
- MODXpo, Jul 2022
- WeAreDevloper World Congress, Jun 2022
- EnterJS 2020, Sep 2020
- FemTech Conference, Jun 2020
- STAREAST Virtual+ Testing Conference, May 2020
- Keynote at European Testing Conference, Feb 2020
- RuhrJS, Jul 2019
- ct webdev, Apr 2021
- JS World Conference, Feb 2021
- EnterJS 2019, Apr 2019
- ITCS Darmstadt, Apr 2019
- FrontConf Munich, Apr 2019
- ct webdev in Cologne, Nov 2018
- Developer Camp 2018 in Würzburg, Mar 2018
- Webmontag Frankfurt, Feb 2019
- DACHfest in Munich, May 2018
- Keynote at unkonf, Oct 5, 2019